Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Thing 22: Your Turn

Not being all that tech savvy, I'm at a loss for applications and websites that will add to anything I've learned  in writing this blog. I anticipate though, that the educator who isn't familiar with technology in the classroom is going to ask "How does technology fit into the philosophy of education?" 

I'm delighted to be able to answer that question and the digital bloom's taxonomy will help me.





I loved this image when I found it on the Feedly Newsread. (It's a living document; search Bloom's Digital Taxonomy to view various configurations). That being the case, these are my additions: since RSS is missing on the taxonomy, let's add it to Understanding. Oh heck, Delicious earned two levels on the pyramid...and reading Feedly definitely leads to analyzing. We'll put RSS beneath Understanding AND Analyzing. 

Wouldn't this be a great way to entice teachers that are reluctant to use technology into a 6 hour PD?. The librarian facilitates Tech 101, and she tackles one level and one application at each session. The librarian can pick the tool s/he's most familiar with to present, while challenging participants to explore other tools in that level. Within each session an analogy is drawn between the tech tool, category/level and how it applies to Bloom's Taxonomy. 

P.S.   Where would you add your favorite web tools on Bloom's Digital Taxonomy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment